Find out all about the basic how, when and where.
1. The video should be directed at creating awareness for the importance of investing in science.
2. Video length should be 30 sec – 2 min.
3. English subtitles are required for non-English videos.
4. Videos can be made in any style or genre (for example, animation, film, stop-motion, etc.).
5. Upload your video to Youtube or Vimeo.
6. Fill and submit Video Contest Entry Form. (An additional Parental Consent Form needs to be filled in for video submissions made by minors)
Most Liked Video on Facebook – 500€
Jury Selection Video 1 – 500€
Jury Selection Video 2 – 500€
Limit of one prize per video.
Starts: April 1st, 2013.
Ends: June 30th, 2013.
Starts: July 15th, 2013.
Ends: August 31st, 2013.
Online winners announcement: Fall, 2013.
Detailed Rules and Regulations
About your video
1. To be eligible, your video must be 2 minute or less.
2. To submit a video, each contestant must first Upload the video to YouTube or Vimeo and then follow the instructions on this site to enter the contest.
3. By entering the contest contestants certify that the video submission is an entirely original work by the contestant or his/her team and must grant contest organizers unrestricted use and reproduction rights for any purposes.
In these Rules, “contest organizers” refers to the members of ‘Invest in Our Future – Invest in Science’ team.
4. The video must not infringe upon or violate any laws or any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights and must not lead to any cause of action including libel, defamation, privacy violation, contract breach or tort. Contestants must obtain all necessary permissions, licenses, clearances, releases, waivers of moral rights and other approvals from third parties (including but not limited to all copyright holders and all individuals appearing in the video submission), necessary to use the video submission, in whole or in part, in any way, including without limitation, to reproduce, make derivatives, edit, modify, translate, distribute, transmit, publish, license and broadcast the video submission worldwide, by any means.
5. All video submissions must be respectful and courteous, and in have English subtitles (in cases where the spoken language is not English). You are fully responsible for everything that you submit, and all videos are intended for the general public. Therefore, to protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, do not include personal information such as phone numbers, social insurance numbers, banking information, resumes or email addresses in the videos.
Contest organizers will not accept videos that are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or abusive. Contest organizers reserve the right to refuse, edit or remove any of the following:
* racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening content;
* serious, unproven, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations;
* abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene, or pornographic content;
* content that encourages or suggests illegal activity;
* announcements, solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any organizations or corporations
* attempts to defame or defraud any individual, group or agency
* unintelligible or irrelevant content
Anyone acting contrary to these rules may be temporarily or permanently excluded from the contest.
Your safety when making the video
6. Your own personal safety and the safety of your cast, crew and others involved with the production of the video submission must be maintained. Do not endanger anyone during the making of your video. If you portray dangerous tasks in your video, you must follow all safety rules and take all precautions to prevent injuries. If you are filming on a real work site, get permission from the site owner, take all appropriate health and safety precautions including following all applicable health and safety policies and regulations. You will need to consult with the employer, a supervisor or other competent individual when on the site to advise them about what you’re doing, who will be on their site, their ages and ensure you are aware of and follow all site safety requirements.
* 3 winning categories: (1) Most liked on Facebook, (2) Jury selection video 1 (3) Jury selection video 2. The 3 winning videos will receive 500EUR each.
7. Individuals who submitted a video are eligible for a single prize only.
Videos submitted on this site can be voted on by the public from July 15th, 2013, 12:00 GMT, to August 31st 2013, 23:59 GMT. The video with the most votes on September 1st, at 00:00 GMT, will be the winner of the ‘Most Liked on Facebook’ prize and will receive one of the cash prizes of 500EUR. The jury will review the top ten (10) most liked videos on Facebook (excluding the winner of the ‘Most like on Facebook’ prize) and will select the two (2) Jury selection winning videos.
8. For team entries, the contest coordinator will issue the prize to the team leader designated on the contest entry form.
9. The chances of winning a prize depend on the total number and quality of eligible entries received before the closing date.
What you need to know about your video submission
10. No entries will be returned. All entries become the property of the contest organizers.
11. Each contestant must consent to the use, reproduction, publication, transmission and/or broadcasting of his/her name, address, likeness, age, and/or prize information, without compensation, in any advertisement, publication or promotion, for general news or other information purposes. Each contestant irrevocably and in perpetuity grants the contest organizers the right to use the video submission, in whole or in part, in any way, including without limitation, to reproduce, make derivatives, edit, modify, translate, distribute, transmit, publish, license and broadcast the video submission worldwide, by any means.
Judging your video
12. Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges selected by the contest organizers. The decisions of the judges on all matters relating to the contest are final, conclusive and not open to dispute.
13. Entries that meet all eligibility requirements will be judged on:
14. Each individual or, in the case of a team entry, team leader who submitted a winning entry will be notified by email that his/her entry has won by September, 2013 and the procedure to follow to claim the applicable prize. If an individual or team leader declines the prize, it will be forfeited and awarded to another entry in accordance with these contest rules. Only the winning entries will be notified. Selected winning videos will be posted on the dedicated contest and contest sponsors webpages and Facebook pages early July 2013.
15. If the contest organizers, in their sole discretion, deem that an insufficient quantity or quality of entries has been received, the contest organizers reserve the right not to award any prizes.
If you win a prize
16. Before collecting a prize, each individual or team member involved in the creation of a winning entry will be required to sign a declaration and release form confirming compliance with the contest rules, and acceptance of the prize as awarded and assigning all rights, titles and interests in the entry to the contest organizers within seven (7) days of being notified that his/her entry has been selected.
17. The contest organizers reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest for any reason, without any prior notice to any contestant.
18. These rules may be changed without notice or reason including, if necessary, to comply with any applicable law. By entering this contest, contestants agree to abide by these rules and acknowledge that the contest organizers shall not be responsible for any damages, costs, demands, claims or losses of any kind, incurred by any contestant as a result of participation in this contest.
19. This contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of each Province and any applicable federal laws. These rules govern all aspects of the contest and are binding on all contestants and all other participants including parents, legal guardians and team members who sign the official entry form.
20. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Submitting your entry
Reminders before you send it in:
Be sure that you have carefully read all the rules.
Video must be submitted and labeled as described above to be considered a valid entry.
The contest organizers are not responsible for entries which are delayed, lost, misdirected, incomplete, damaged or destroyed. Any entry that is tampered with, unreadable or mutilated will be disqualified.
It is the sole responsibility of the contestant to ensure it is received before the submission closing date, 30 June, 23:59 GMT.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org